Friday, March 22, 2013

Baby Noah - Week 20


Weight:  We weighed him on our scale again and it says he's about 19 lbs.

Health:  Noah is a really healthy boy.


Sleep: Noah is the best sleeper, if I do so say myself.  I was worried that his sleep would be thrown off when my mom watched him Tuesday night.  I told her not to worry about putting him in his crib and I would put him to bed when I got home.  He slept on my mom until we got home and woke up for a quick bottle and was back to sleep really quickly.  That night he slept all the way through and woke up at 8am.  This week he's been sleeping until anytime between 7 and 8:30 am, which is glorious.  Sometimes Noah moans a little bit at night and I have to go into his room in the middle of the night to rock him, but he never fully wakes up.



Clothes:  He's wearing all 6-12 or 9 month size clothes.


Social:  Saturday morning we took Noah to Pottery Barn Kids to meet Peter Rabbit!  We were worried he might be scared, so first we took a picture of me holding him next to the bunny.


Once we realized that Noah was totally ambivalent, we had the bunny hold Noah.  He was sliding down a little bit and the sweater was taking over, but I still think it's cute :)


Saturday evening, we went to Grammy and Grandpa Flinn's house for dinner.  Grammy bought us all "FLINN" St. Patty's Day shirts and we got a family picture.  Louie (the dog) even made the picture.

 


While there Noah had a staring contest with a monkey rattle!


On Sunday, we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house.  Noah loves playing on the activity mat and is fascinated by Grandpa.





My mom babysat Noah on Tuesday when Chris and I went into NYC for a taping of Wheel of Fortune!  She also babysat him on Wednesday when I had to go to the doctor.  I'm so glad that Noah loves my mom, so I know he's okay when we have to go out.

Diet:  This week we started Gerber's Stage 1 foods.   On Monday, we tried carrots and on Thursday, we tried bananas... he really seemed to like both.  Now we are doing fruit and oatmeal in the morning and a vegetable and rice cereal in the afternoon.  He really loves eating!



video


Chris loves feeding Noah and he does the airplane complete with sound effects... Noah really loves it!  I've even stolen his method and feed him that way during the week now too.

 

video


Baby Gear Love:  I've mentioned it before, but we really love the video monitor!  It gives me peace of mind at night when he's in his crib.  Sometimes we wake up in the middle of the night and see that he's scooted his way next to the railing.  When we see this, one of us goes in and just moves him back into the middle of the crib.  This avoids him hitting himself and waking up as a result.

Crying:  Noah really doesn't cry too much other than when he's hungry or tired.  I really hope it stays this way.


Milestones:  Just the obvious with starting Gerber's Stage 1 Foods.  I really do think that Noah might roll over soon, but as of now he's just lifting his head up higher and higher every time he's on his tummy.


Likes:  Chris and I have a stuffed purple elephant, that we named Buddy.  When we go on vacation we take him with us and take pictures with him.  About a year ago we found a "superhero" version of Buddy, so of course we had to buy it.  Chris intended "Super Buddy" to be Noah's when he came.  We introduced Noah to Buddy this week, and he seems pretty intrigued by him!



Postpartum:  This week, Chris and I went into NYC to see Wheel of Fortune!  A friend of ours works for Eggland's Best (who often sponsors Wheel of Fortune) and she got us tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment